To update a ConfigMgr 2012 RTM environment to SP1 (Beta) the following is needed:
- Uninstall Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK)
- Download Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) for Windows 8 which is available HERE
- Install Windows ADK by adksetup.exe and choose Install (which download the files needed online first) or choose Download (which download all files for offline usage)
- The only features needed are Deployment Tools, Windows PE and USMT.
- Upgrade the SQL Server installation from SP1 CU4 to SP2 which is available HERE or SP1 CU6 which is available HERE
After that the prerequisite check should not display any errors anymore:
When both Deployment Tools and Windows PE must be installed on other Site servers too, it's because of multiple SMS Providers that are installed. Otherwise you will be fine and setup can be started immediately.
During installation boot images will be upgraded from WinPE 3.0 to 4.0 automatically. Just remember to update ALL Distribution points after the upgrade, because this will not be done automatically (!)
Remember: After the upgrade all ConfigMgr 2012 RTM clients must be updated to SP1 (Beta) too. Not that it won't work otherwise, but because new features and functionalities will not be functional then.
It can be done automatically with Site Hierarchy settings (Client Installation Settings).
SP1 for ConfigMgr will bring a lot of new features and functionalities!