Looking in the logfile the following errors are showed:
- Failed to create machine certificate on server <ConfigMgr FQDN>
- Failed to create certificate on server <ConfigMgr FQDN>
- Failed to create SQL Server <ConfigMgr FQDN> certificate remotely
Not seen any error like this before. Prerequisites where all fine. Why this error is showed during installation? Looking on MS TechNet I found the following post: SCCM 2012 won't install due to SQL Server Certificate
Just make sure the following is configured:
- The account used for the installation and the computer account of SCCM2012 have to be members of the local admins group on SCCMDB2012 and need also sysadmin rights in SQL.
- Just make sure you configure the SQL services to run under a domain user account rather than as local system or network service. Running SQL under a domain user follows MS best practices.
- If you already face a failure in installation then delete the registry key which generated during installation of SCCM(HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS).
After following above steps run setup again. This time "Generating public key and SQL Server certificate" should not give an error anymore.