Last week I installed an additional SMS Provider in ConfigMgr 2012 SP1. An error message followed because Windows ADK wasn't installed (oops). Because ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 uses Windows ADK, this is needed also on the site server where an additional SMS Provider is installed.
The error messages are:
- CWmi::Connect(): ConnectServer(Namespace) failed. - 0x8004100e
- INFO: WMI namespace root\MSCluster not exists on <server>
- CWmiRegistry::WmiOpen: Failed to read key SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Products on <server>
- CWmiRegistry::WmiOpen: Failed to get values from SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Kits\Installed Products
- CWmiRegistry::WmiOpen: Failed to connect to registry on machine <server>. Error code: 2
- ERROR: Failed to query registry values. 'Windows Deployment Tools' component of ADK not found.
- ERROR: Failed to query registry values. 'Windows PE' component of ADK not found.
- Failed to install SDK
After installing "Windows Deployment Tools" and "Windows PE" (both Windows ADK) setup was running fine again. Hope it helps!