Recently I did a ConfigMgr Current Branch upgrade. To import driver packages easily I like to use additional Dell and/or HP tools to import driver packages. This time however the HP tool has some new functionality. Let's have a look at this first.
The HP Client Integration Kit for ConfigMgr has an update on 03/31/2016 with the following changes:
- Provides the Client Integration plug-in for ConfigMgr 1511 or 2012 R2 SP1 CU1 or later or 2012 SP2 CU1 or later.
- Adds the ability to create and import custom driver pack or import drivers only.
- Adds the ability to enter the keyword to search for HP product name when creating and importing driver pack.
- Adds the ability to sort the category such as driver name, version, SoftPaq number when selecting driver to import
- Adds the ability to choose the type of download file such as FTP or HTTP. By default, CIK uses HTTP.
- Adds BitLocker to CIK task sequence examples
- Revises the pop up messages when the server does not meet the requirement.
- Updates the CIK installer to fix the copyright string.
- Updates the CIK User Guide and ConfigMgr & CIK support matrix.
Let's have a look in the ConfigMgr console now:
There are 3 buttons in the ribbon now, one for 'Create and Import Driver Pack' one for 'Download and Import Driver Packs' and one for 'Import Downloaded Driver Pack'.
When choosing 'Create and Import Driver Pack' you can search on types/models and select which driver(s) must be part of it. This is the latest add-on available! That way you can create driver packages yourself, and decide which driver must be part of it. Therefore searching on the HP website yourself isn't needed anymore. Just great that a new feature is part of this ConfigMgr integration.
When choosing 'Download and Import Driver Pack' you can search on types/models and download/import driver packs, but no selection on drivers is possible. When choosing 'Import downloaded driver packs' you must download them manually and import them afterwards (as usual).
Download HP CIK right away!
More blogposts about importing driver packs:
HP Client Integration Kit for ConfigMgr 2012 R2 (update)
HP Client Integration Kit for ConfigMgr 2012 R2
Download Driver packages for Dell, HP and Lenovo systems